On May 11, Governor Edwards announced Louisiana will move into Phase 1 reopening on May 15. The official order is here. An overview can be found in this news release.
New types of businesses that may open beginning on May 15, with 25 percent occupancy limits, sanitation guidelines and spacing for physical distancing include:
- Interior stores at enclosed malls
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Barber shops and hair and nail salons
- Casinos and Video Poker
- Racetracks (not open to spectators)
- Museums, zoos, aquariums (no tactile exhibits)
- Bars and breweries with LDH food permits
The following businesses remain closed: massage establishments and spas, tattoo parlors, carnivals, amusement parks, water parks, trampoline parks, arcades, fairs, bars and breweries without LDH food permits, pool halls, contact sports, children’s play centers, playgrounds, theme parks, adult entertainment venues, and other similar businesses.