- The Operations & Maintenance team supporting a large federal financial system is seeking a webMethods software developer.
- Candidate should be a team-player and will work with a team of other developers, application engineers, DBAs, business analysts, software testers, data migration team, and help desk team in managing a complex solution with 2,000-and-growing concurrent application users.
- Candidate should have creativity and strong passion in problem solving, as well as the ability to multi-task between learning the software stack and delivering critical, time-sensitive solutions.
- A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced but rewarding environment. Mentorship is available.
- Occasional scheduled weekend work may be needed to complete deliverables as software release code freeze deadline approaches.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, test, deliver, and document enhancements to the software. Support the full life cycle of development deliverables.
- Troubleshoot and fix integration, web service, and workflow issues in webMethods models and integration servers. Work with other developers and team members to leverage their knowledge to solve problems and test their solutions.
- Examine reports and logs in the system analyze problems and identify root causes.
- Deliver level of effort (LOE) estimates for new development, enhancements, and fixes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Experience with webMethods software development for interfaces, workflow, and web services
- Experience in basic SQL and database access
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Desire and ability to work within a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to share knowledge and help teammates
- Experience with CGI Momentum is strongly desired. Experience with other ERP systems (Oracle, SAP) also a plus.
- Experience in IBM AIX and/or Linux, with a preference to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Experience in a source code repository and change management framework such as IBM Rational Team Concert/ Engineering Workflow Management, BitBucket, JIRA, or Stash.
- Experience in Oracle Tuxedo, Oracle WebLogic, JBOSS, ActiveMQ, Kubernetes
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 06, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time