Water Resources Engineer
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and with a team on various engineering
projects relating to (but not limited to) hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling and analysis, floodplain
management and analysis and watershed planning. Projects and tasks will involve the use of various H&H
engineering software as well as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
Responsible for engineering calculations and drawings, field observations, preparing design reports
and exhibits, developing 1D and 2D computer models, floodplain mapping and watershed planning.
- Floodplain management leader, advisor and point of contact for flood risk assessments, mapping,
reporting and communication to communities and stakeholders.
Develop complex hydrologic and hydraulic models and analysis.
Develop watershed master plans to protect communities from flooding, improve water quality and
increase watershed resiliency.
Evaluate, analyze and develop conveyance systems for stormwater, flood protection, riverine, green
infrastructure, urban and coastal projection systems and emergency planning.
- Client Relationship Management-Act as a point of contact for customers on proposal development,
presentations and technical issues.
Ensure new and existing clients receive the highest level of service.
Generate complete technical reports and proposal materials.
Provide review and oversight of project work and reports prepared by junior level staff members.
Coach, mentor and develop junior level engineers and staff.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering or related field (Hydrology, Agriculture, Environmental)
- 5+ years of experience in floodplain management, hydrology / hydraulics, water resources planning,
H&H modeling, mapping and design.
- Professional Engineer license in LA or ability to obtain license through reciprocity.
- Technical background and expertise in floodplain management, watershed management and
hydraulic modeling utilizing various modeling software
- Experience working with GIS, HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS 1D and 2D, RAS Mapper, HEC-GeoHMS, HECGeoRAS and Floodplain Mapping.
Understanding and knowledge of FEMA guidelines and policies relating to flood risk analysis and
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://www.fenstermaker.com/about-us/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Any Louisiana Office
Date Posted: July 02, 2021
Application Deadline: August 02, 2021