Vice President of Information Technology
@ Tides Medical
- Tides Medical, a fast-growing biotechnology company, is seeking a VP of Information Technology to oversee the IT team, consisting of 10 people broken into 3 groups - IT Operations, Systems Development, and Project Management.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for consulting with the leadership team to analyze information system needs, recommending and developing plans for systems development and operations, leading the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems, and formalizing an enterprise analytics function within the company.
Essential Functions of the Areas of Responsibility
Perform the following in accordance with AATB, FDA, HIPAA, and Tides Medical stated policies and procedures while upholding Tides Medical’s mission and corporate values.
- Establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for the information technology department.
- Determines the organization's long-term systems needs and any hardware acquisitions needed to accomplish the organization's business objectives.
- Defines corporate vision and strategy, establishes company direction and focus.
- Executes multiple high impact initiatives to achieve overall corporate goals.
- Lead and mentor a team of high-performing individuals, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous learning to drive team success and growth.
- Responsible for the development of functional or business unit strategy for the entire organization.
- Lead an IT Management team that plans, implements, and monitors changes in infrastructure configurations, and work with third-party consultants.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments, advances, and trends in information technology and healthcare to ensure optimal effectiveness, competence of staff, and compliance with regulations.
- Lead the development, implementation, and enhancements of policies, procedures, and technology to address HIPAA compliance, FDA compliance, and other legal and regulatory compliance, as well as access control, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Lead the team that recommends and develop plans for technology purchases and investments, operational and capital budgets, and IS staffing.
- Develop and implement a strategy for formalizing an enterprise analytics function within the company, including identifying key stakeholders and business needs, assessing current data analytics capabilities, and establishing a roadmap for implementation.
- Gives technical guidance on high priority projects and orients the company to trends in the information technology industry.
- Lead the selection and deployment of data analytics tools and technologies, ensuring that they align with business needs and are scalable for future growth.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities for data-driven insights and analytics to improve business operations, drive growth, and increase efficiency.
- Work with peers to establish metrics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness and impact of the enterprise analytics function and communicate progress and results to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in computer science, information technology, or related field; master's degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of executive leadership experience in information technology management, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, healthcare, or biotech industry preferred.
- Proven experience in developing and executing high priority projects
- Excellent communication, leadership, and team management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with AATB, FDA, HIPAA, and other regulatory requirements for healthcare or biotech industry preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.tidesmedical.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 20, 2023
Application Deadline: June 22, 2023
Job Type: Full-time