Vice President, Market Access
@ Tides Medical
- The Vice President, Market Access provides expertise, guidance and strategic vision in the areas of health policy, payer regulations, and reimbursement of advanced wound care medical devices and related technologies.
- The position is a member of the senior management team and essential contributor to business decisions that enhance the value of the company.
- Key areas of responsibility include staying abreast of government (Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid) and commercial payer policies and compliance regulations impacting the company’s product lines, active participation in senior management decision making, cross-functional collaboration, team leadership and development, and efficient use and management of the company’s people, time and money resources.
- This is both a strategic and a tactical/hands-on position.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility in working at all levels of the market access department as conditions and resources dictate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President, Market Access must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the following:
- Build and execute effective value propositions, medical policy coverage requests, and Value Analysis Committee dossiers for obtaining optimal reimbursement and patient access of the company’s product portfolio across all key payers and providers.
- Implement strategies and tactics to support appropriate, formulary/pathway placement, reimbursement (coverage, coding, payment and patient access) across payer customers
- Lead all due diligence reimbursement assessments of potential new acquisitions and in-license product opportunities. Develop impactful market access strategies for these opportunities that maximize return on investment in the shortest period of time.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with all key payers (Medicare MACs, Medicare Advantage, commercial payers, and managed care organizations) and deep knowledge and understanding of payer medical policies pertaining to Tides product lines.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with payers to ensure members have access to providers where product has proven to deliver high quality care.
- Identify, contract and manage third-party reimbursement consultants and vendors in support of market access strategies, tactics and Reimbursement Hotline, if/as needed.
- Maintain ongoing market access/segment level situational assessment and understanding for the company’s products through market research, payer account feedback, direct customer interactions, published industry reports, CMS proposed/final rules, policy updates and/or payer analytics tools to identify any potential market access threats or opportunities.
- Establish benchmark, customer-oriented performance metrics (including Net Promoter Score) and a continuous improvement program for the Hotline team focused on excellent customer service, high quality new account set-ups, and team development.
- Ensure all aspects of the Hotline and market access programs are in full compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations such as HIPAA-related and patient privacy at all times.
- Collaborate with the clinical and marketing teams in ensuring aligned cross-functional patient and market access strategies.
- Lead reimbursement training program for field-based sales and reimbursement teams.
- Develop an annual Market Access Plan and Budget including the Hotline and ensure that approved programs and tactics are delivered on time and within forecasted budget.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of all direct-reporting staff and ensure each team member has measurable behavioral and performance metrics, and personal development plans in place.
- Ensure all reimbursement content in print materials, presentations and company websites is up-to-date at all times. Update annually the payment amounts for all DRGs, APCs, CPTs, HCPCS codes pertaining to Tides product lines.
- Four-year Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing or Life Sciences required. Advanced degree (MHA, MPH, MBA) with a clinical and/or business focus preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in reimbursement of medical devices and/or managed markets/market access marketing within the medical device industry. Experience working in the skin substitute field is a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience successfully leading direct-reporting teams
- Proficiency in using Microsoft business applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Broad technical knowledge of managed markets/market access.
- Excellent analytical, communication (oral and written) and organizational/planning skills.
- Ability to apply appropriate interpersonal styles and communications methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners).
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
- The physical requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the motor/physical abilities and skills to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
This position is physically located at Tides Medical headquarters in Lafayette, Louisiana. The company is willing to accommodate remote reporting for a period of time if doing so is in the best interests of the company. A remote/hybrid worker would be expected to travel from their location to Lafayette and be available for in-person meetings as business needs dictate.
Beyond the travel requirements for a remote worker, travel requirements for the position are approximately 25% - 30%.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.tidesmedical.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: March 02, 2023
Application Deadline: April 03, 2023