You will both lead your team and execute across these activities:
- Provide strategic recommendations that consider the full range of users’ cross-channel touchpoints, motivations, and pain points.
- Lead and mentor a team of 5+ designers.
- Facilitate client workshops and drive clients to thoughtful, considered decisions.
- Research and understand the target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and lead the creation of relevant artifacts, such as personas and journey maps.
- Visualize the experience through design deliverables such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Conduct user research, such as remote usability testing, card sorting, surveys, heuristics evaluations, interviews, and contextual inquiries.
- Convey the expected experience through supporting documentation, such as user stories, requirements, and functional annotations.
- Participate in sales activities by quickly understanding a potential client’s needs and outlining a vision appropriate for the budget, ask, and core user needs.
- Work with a wide range of clients and projects, such as e-commerce, financial services, healthcare, intranets, and many more.
You are not expected to be an expert in every single area, but you should have the ability to identify appropriate team members and provide feedback to ensure a quality process and experience.
What experience you need
- Aptitude as a hands-on, strategic thinker who can execute as well as lead.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers.
- Ability to design across devices, from desktop to mobile, and across systems, from browser-based websites and apps to native apps for mobile.
- 8+ years as a User Experience Designer or a related position.
- Proficient in the execution of design deliverables such as sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Degree in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Sketch.
- Experience with research and usability testing tools such as UserTesting.com, Userlytics.com, OptimalSort and Treejack.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end Experience Design capabilities and how they work together.
What other qualities will help you succeed
- Strategic, creative thinker able to translate findings into clear guidance for designers and developers and define clear project measures.
- Ability to lead cross-discipline teams.
- Demonstrable passion for designing exceptional user experiences.
- Deep empathy with users, understanding that people will expect a humane, usable, and successful user experience as well as required functionality and features.
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders, teammates, and users.
- A high-level understanding of current relevant technologies and ability to quickly comprehend the fundamentals of new technologies and how those might influence requirements, design approach, and product innovation.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, flexible, and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a sprint-oriented environment.
- Consultancy or agency experience a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach as well as to fit project budget and timelines.
- Skills in business strategy, content strategy, or writing a plus--but not required.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.perficient.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: November 03, 2021
Application Deadline: January 04, 2022