UI Developer (Angular, Node.JS)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Advanced proficiency in coding in Angular and NodeJS
- Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
- Understand the application code with minimal assistance and resolve bugs/defects/performance issues identified.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 6+ years of IT experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Angular, Node.JS development, although an experienced Java developer with less experience with Angular and NodeJS would likely suffice
- Bitbucket/Git-based development experience is a must
- Core Java experience
- Knowledge and experience with JSON / XML / RESTful Web Services and services integration with NodeJS
- Strong relational database skills in Oracle/MySQL
- Proficient with CI/CD tools including Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and GitHub/GitLab
- Responsible to work on on-prem and AWS environment
- Defines objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Designs and develops the application following Agile methodologies.
- Experience in customer-facing role
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently
- Development experience with Java 8, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security, REST Web Services
- Proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
- AWS certification and/or some hands-on AWS implementation experience
- SDET experience in Test Framework, Selenium and other automated testing tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 04, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time