@ Lafayette Council on Aging
- Complying with necessary vehicle safety requirements of DOTD as well as FTA
- Current Class D Louisiana Driver's License.
- Secure the clients and wheelchairs to the vehicle
- Assist all clients in and out of the vehicle from their home or to appointments.
- Must complete a pre daily inspection on vehicle and turn in daily to transportation coordinator.
- Refill the van with gas as needed, record odometer reading on gas receipt after refueling and turn in gas receipt daily to transportation coordinator.
- Wipe their perspective van down inside to assure a clean environment for themselves and their clients.
- Drive the van to be inspected or for maintenance to perspective locations when needed.
- Must be willing to wear proper PPE to protect themselves and clients.
- Possess a valid class D (chauffeur’s License).
- Clean driving record.
- Patience and compassion for elderly/ disabled clients.
- Must be able to use the GPS on your phone to locate client’s pick up and destination addresses in a safe and accident free manner.
- The driver should make sure their phone is sufficiently charged.
- The driver will be required to complete the Louisiana Ethics, CPR, CTTA and COV-19 Training.
- PASS training required
How to Apply:
Please call 337-262-5990 and ask for Nathaniel, Transportation Coordinator for application instructions.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 26, 2021
Application Deadline: May 26, 2021