As a Transportation Associate, you will be a vital member of Amazon Transportation Services. Transportation Associates will perform trailer moves, coordinate yard activities (such as check in, traffic flow, internal communications with docks, etc.), conduct yard audits, complete driver training programs (Hostler, CDL School, etc.), and operate multiple vehicle asset types over the road as assigned in accordance with business need to support Amazon’s transportation network.
Due to interstate operating authority commerce regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years or older. Candidate must hold a valid state-appropriate driver’s license, be able to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and be eligible to drive in accordance with DOT requirements. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
As a Transportation Associate you will:
- Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a priority at all times.
- Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers, as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain a fluid trailer pool.
- Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) on non-public roads or in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations.
- Operate CMVs over the road as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, trailer designations, violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods, etc.)
- Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow hostler and delivery schedules, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to yard safety policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions.
- Work at locations within node on an as needed basis to support the business, 40 hours/week and overtime as required.
- Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment (pallet jack, etc.)
- Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
- Work as a peer trainer on an as needed basis to support the business.
Associate will be required to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) as a condition of the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who operate vehicles on behalf of Amazon and those who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members.
- A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors.
What else does the TOM team have to offer? We’re glad you asked!
- Earning your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), paid for by Amazon.
- Opportunity to work outside and drive different commercial motor vehicles over the road.
- Exposure to different site types including: NACF, NASC, Air, AMZL & AMXL.
- Long-term growth potential via comprehensive training in transportation with Amazon.
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Carencro, LA
Date Posted: April 22, 2021
Application Deadline: May 22, 2021