Main Responsibilities: This individual’s main responsibilities are booking, organizing and greeting tour groups; scheduling the guides, musicians and interpreters of the village; preparing for activities for event days; and performing clerical duties as assigned by the Managing Director for Vermilionville.
- Tours – Responsible for booking, organizing, and greeting all tour groups; complete monthly motor coach tracking reports; and update tour database. Should be familiar with the tour, and capable of acting as a guide in emergency situations.
- Schedule – Prepare bi-weekly staff schedule for interpreters, tour guides, and instructors as well as daily rotations, based on scheduled guests and tours. Communicate all information to restaurant, gift shop, and all other connected parties.
- Customer Interface- Work with the Director and interpreters for developing better overall customer interaction and experience. Act as lead contact for all bookings.
- Telephone – Answer telephone; provide information, book tours or route calls as necessary.
- Clerical – Complete clerical duties assigned by the Managing Director. May include but is not limited to proofreading, compiling reports, social media, graphic/flyer design, and assisting with grants.
- Special Programming/Festivals – Work with the Managing Director as needed in planning and implementing special programs and festivals.
- Volunteers - Recruit and organize volunteers needed to support Vermilionville’s mission.
- Crafts – Plan crafts and add-ons for tours, including dance lessons and cooking demonstrations. Prepare or coordinate preparation of crafts prior to events and return material to appropriate storage place afterwards. Oversee the planning, development, and execution of crafts for special event days.
- Summer Camp – Organize, schedule, oversee staffing, and act as director for summer camp program. Will work alongside the interpreters and the Director to execute.
- Manager-on-Duty – Serve as MOD for one (1) weekend day per six weeks and occasionally for weekday evening and special events.
- Staff Meetings – Attend bi-weekly coordinator meetings, programming staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Policy – Follow all policies and procedures in the personnel manual.
- Miscellaneous – Complete additional duties the Director assigns within service to the mission of Vermilionville and the Bayou Vermilion District
Salary Range: $33,000 - $38,000 commensurate with experience
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent public speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree is highly desirable
- Tourism/Museum experience is highly desirable
- Fluency in French is highly desirable
- A driver’s license and reliable transportation is a must.
How to Apply:
For more information or to apply for the Tour Coordinator position, please email Vermilionville Managing Director Brady McKellar at Vville@bayouvermiliondistrict.org
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 14, 2022
Application Deadline: February 14, 2022