Technical Writer and Editor
- CGI Federal is looking for a self-motivated technical writer and editor to join the ESG Product Documentation team.
- This technical writer is responsible for identifying, writing, and maintaining documentation requirements associated to customer software releases for a large software development organization.
- The candidate selected for this position must be detail-oriented, proficient in verbal and written communication, capable of working both independently and with a team, and comfortable continuously seeking out new areas of improvement.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Review and understand current Agile development team processes and procedures to help identify their impact on documentation.
- Review and understand current documentation team processes and procedures.
- Work with development teams directly to help ensure all members understand existing documentation software and documentation release processes and procedures.
- Work with development teams directly to help ensure release documentation requirements are identified and recorded for implementation by the documentation team.
- Implement the documentation requirements into the release documentation guides and user online help.
- Assist in updating existing documentation team processes as well as helping to identify and document new processes as needed.
- Support development teams associated with release documentation on special projects as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business management, or related area. and 1 to 2+ years of experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and/or increased efficiency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in the AGILE software development lifecycle.
- Good organization and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage work with limited direction.
- Ability to set project timelines and lay out plan of actions within strict deadlines.
- Motivated to take initiative and ownership of assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of and experience with Atlassian toolsets’ basic functionality (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket), including:
- Creating/modifying JIRA filters (JCL)
- Creating/modifying Confluence Wiki pages
- Confluence Site Management
- Knowledge of Adobe RoboHelp online help authoring tool.
- Knowledge of 508 Compliance as it pertains to the accessibility of documentation guides and online help.
- Knowledge of CGI Federal Intellectual Properties (Momentum, Atlas 360, Unify 360, Sunflower).
- Knowledge of source code management tool GIT/Bitbucket.
- Agile & DevOps
- Technical Writing
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 12, 2022
Application Deadline: June 13, 2022
Job Type: Full-time