Your future duties and responsibilities:
- As a Technical Writer, you will take highly technical documentation, data, and information and transform it into simple language for system end users to comprehend.
- Use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools.
- Gather and convert data into a written narrative.
- Liaise with technical team members to comprehend the technical nuances of a system or application.
- Write, edit and deliver a broad range of written materials (e.g., end user documentation, brochures, fact sheets, scripts, presentations).
- Establish and comply with industry standard style guides for various written documentation.
- Develop and deliver client-ready materials for end users and stakeholders.
- Develop content in compliance with AP style and other guidelines.
- Review outreach material for stylistic and formatting consistency.
- Review and edit content developed by other members of the team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- 1+ years or experience required.
- Associate’s degree or 2 year technical school in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering/technical discipline required.
- Or, 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience preparing technical system documentation and end user documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in a client-facing consultative role preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
- As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: November 14, 2022
Application Deadline: December 14, 2022
Job Type: Full-time