Technical Writer - 100% Remote
- CGI Federal is seeking to hire a Technical Writer to translate highly technical data and information into simplistic, grade school language for end users of complex IT systems and projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- As a Technical Writer, you will take highly technical documentation, data, and information and transform it into simple language for system end users to comprehend.
- Responsibilities include:
- Use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools.
- Gather and convert data into a written narrative.
- Liaise with technical team members to comprehend the technical nuances of a system or application.
- Write, edit and deliver a broad range of written materials (e.g., end user documentation, brochures, fact sheets, scripts, presentations).
- Establish and comply with industry standard style guides for various written documentation.
- Develop and deliver client-ready materials for end users and stakeholders.
- Develop content in compliance with AP style and other guidelines.
- Review outreach material for stylistic and formatting consistency.
- Review and edit content developed by other members of the team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- 1+ years of preparing strategic communications (i.e. Press Releases) experience required.
- Associate’s degree or 2 year technical school in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering/technical discipline required.
- Or, 4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience preparing technical system documentation and end user documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in a client-facing consultative role preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: March 02, 2023
Application Deadline: April 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time