• Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals and create templates if none are provided by the organization
• Research, develop and document technical design, requirements and test documents
• Edits, standardizes, or makes changes to material prepared by other writers
• Confers with customer representatives, vendors, executives, or end users to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
• Documents integration processes and procedures
• Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
• Maintain a comprehensive list of acronyms to be used in documentation, analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content and manage updates and revisions to technical documents
• Provide high-quality document deliverables by:
o Translating technical information into clear and concise documents for technical and non
o Ensuring consistency in and across all types of documentation;
o Formatting, editing, and verifying new and existing documents;
o Improving editorial and visual standards for documents and recommending new designs,
layouts, and procedures as needed.
o Recommend improvements in the validation process, including document templates and
communication with the technical team members.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining technical documentation
• 3+ years or equivalent working in a technical environment
• Ability to work well with a team of application developers including the ability to take content provided by the technical team and build customer-ready documents around the content.
• Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for technical and non-technical audiences and be skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
• Ability to document technical software systems, including API specifications
• Captures meeting minutes/notes and distributes electronically as required.
• Ability to help test software systems
• Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, have excellent grammar skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Strong proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (List items desired for the Candidate, but not required)
• Prior experience with software and engineering
• Prior experience with SAFe agile methodologies
• A proven track record of successfully delivering succinct and easily understandable documents under tight deadlines
• Understanding of SDLC models, including Agile principles and practices
• Adaptable to rapidly changing environments and processes
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and images.
• Experience with Adobe suite, Visio and other graphics tools a plus.
• Thorough understanding of English grammar and technical publishing best practices
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 10, 2021
Application Deadline: October 11, 2021