Technical Architect – Application / DB support
- The Technical Architect will be supporting the installation and configuration of applications for the Advantage ERP system in a managed/hosted environment for state and local government clients.
- Responsibilities include the ongoing support of those installations and support of the teams providing steady state operations.
- The candidate’s primary function will be to support the implementation of new clients or upgrades of existing clients using the managed/hosted service model.
- Each installation or upgrade must align to the client's unique business needs while conforming as much as possible to defined standards of operation.
- This is an exciting position which requires an individual who has the ability to adapt to new and complicated concepts quickly.
- A candidate who has excellent problem-solving skills and also has experience working with complex integrated systems would be a good fit for this role.
- The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and will be able to work with minimal supervision.
- The organization the candidate would become a member of provides 24/7 operational support in a SLA-bound delivery model.
- Therefore, the candidate may be required to provide support during extended business hours as required by business demands.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- This organization operates a high-quality delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all delivery.
- The program currently has 20+ large clients and is rapidly growing. Candidate would report to the Engineering team lead of the Managed Advantage program.
- Should have experience installing and configuring a variety of enterprise applications (ERP) to meet contractual obligations for application availability (SLA) and minimize risk. This includes working with technical architects to ensure that systems are deployed as required on a client by client basis.
- Understand the complete architecture from Infrastructure, Database and Application level and contribute with your experiences in these areas.
- Detailed problem analysis in which several technical tiers are related to a given issue
- SQL server and Oracle 12c, Oracle 18c & Oracle 19c – architecture, design and troubleshoot which required DBA level knowledge to resolve issues in Linux environment
- Comprehensive review of planned changes to existing infrastructure in order to determine the impact to hosted solutions and to minimize risk
- Responsible for fully documenting architectural information related to infrastructure, database and application configuration in order to provide referenceable, consistent, and stable solutions.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and /or team needs.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Good knowledge and experience in both Unix/Linux and Windows Server environments application, including but not limited to:
- Knowledge in middle tier architecture like Jboss / IBM WebSphere / Weblogic with Application and also any third party application like Business objects working with Data warehouse DB/ ETL
- Working knowledge in Azure architecture is a plus.
- Application, Oracle /SQL server Databases, and Network, Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution
- Windows / Linux shell script design (bash, c), writing, review, and troubleshooting
- Ability to perform problem analysis to determine root cause and propose solutions
- SQL Server / Oracle performance tuning (SQL and reports tuning)
- Knowledge of SQL server and Oracle databases structure both in Windows and Linux environments
- Familiar with catalog views and understands database security roles and privileges
- Knowledge of key aspects like schemas, tablespaces, and data files
- SQL scripting experience
- Experience using Data Pump, Transportable Tablespaces and backup / RMAN
- Data conversion / porting / data migration from one RDBMS to another (Oracle DB / SQL server)
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Ability to create and maintain detailed technical documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills in a complex multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components
- Strong analytical skills and critical-thinking abilities
- Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual teams spanning time zones across the country and in India
- Must be independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this non-traditional work environment
- A proven history of meeting target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams
- Able to multitask and work with multiple issue during the same timeframe.
Desired Experiences: (experience in any one area is a strong plus)
- Experience in any ERP application architecture and /or any (Oracle Weblogic) middle tier experiences
- Oracle DBA experiences including performance tuning, RMAN backup & Recovery, data pump, parameter tuning and security
- In depth knowledge in Pl/SQL and performance tuning experiences
- Experience in developing SQL and PL/SQL
- Using any Developer tools like Toad, SQL developer, etc.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Project management / Any ERP application / any Oracle certification
- Database Administration
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 13, 2022
Application Deadline: July 14, 2022
Job Type: Full-time