Tech - Safety
@ Total Safety
Scope of Work:
Total Safety SSHO's will manage WMI's Accident Prevention Plan (APP) and have no other collateral responsibilities to the project.
They will serve in a fulltime capacity and will be on duty at all times when work is being performed. The SSHO shall report to Senior Project or HSE management.
Duties of SSHO's may include:
- Perform Operator Qualification and Equipment Inspections.
- Ensure compliance with WMI, OSHA, USACE, and all Client/Property Owner safety requirements
- Assist with project permitting and other document preparation.
- Prepare Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) when required, and ensure crews are reviewing prior to commencement of work
- Conduct daily field inspections including: attending an AHA Pre-Task meeting daily, and inspection of related work activities.
- Conduct Incident Investigations including: Near Miss, Property Damage, Injury, etc.
- Assist in Incident Case Management utilizing WMI protocols/procedures to minimize OSHA recordables and lost time injuries.
- Ensure any HSE related communications are performed including: Corporate Communications, Toolbox Talks, and Lessons Learned are completed timely.
- Ensure proper use of equipment, tools, and PPE in the field.
Salary Range: $23
- A minimum of the 30-hour OSHA Construction Safety Outreach training or equivalent and EM-385 within the last four (4) years.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in the construction industry
- The SSHO shall have taken 24 hours of formal classroom or online safety and health related coursework with the last 4 years. Hours spent as an instructor in such course will be considered the same as attending them; however, each course taught will only be credited once (i.e. teaching a one-hour Asbestos Awareness course five times is only credited as one hour of training) as well as 8 hours of documented formal, safety and health related coursework (other than CPR/First Aid) each year for the preceding three years.
- A minimum of three (3) years continuous experience within the past 5 years in supervising/managing dredging, marine or land-based construction, work managing safety programs or processes, or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls in activities or environments with similar hazards. This in in lieu of the construction experience required by EM 385-1-1.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, stoop and bend.
- Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Industrial or shop environment.
- Frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration.
- Works in some customer environments during later part of training.
- May be exposed to high pressure, chemicals, gas releases, or fire.
- The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Must follow established operational, process, compliance and safety and emergency response procedures. Must adhere to specifications and schedule. Work is reviewed for completeness and accuracy, or inherent checks are built into the nature of the work. Most errors are caught during self-inspection or by higher level staff before leaving work unit.
Authority: Works under close supervision: Works with a supervisor or a more experienced Attendant or Technician to learn the job.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).
How to Apply:
Apply Online at: https://www.totalsafety.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Broussard, LA 70518, USA
Date Posted: October 08, 2021
Application Deadline: November 08, 2021