- The system administrator provides support to critical systems to ensure computer systems are stable and available when needed.
- The position is responsible for maintaining current systems, updating baselines with new tools and capabilities, security patching, hardware and software installs, and monitoring.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Manages and develops Services and VMs in AWS
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- Five years of on-the-job experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5 years
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education & Experience
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or AWS certification.
- Experience writing automation scripts.
- System Admin experience in Windows and Linux environment
- Computer networking.
- Agile Methodologies.
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 21, 2022
Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Job Type: Full-time