- CGI Federal is seeking a Systems Administrator for the technical administration and production support team for the CMS MAS application.
- It requires strong technical ability and excellent communication skills to work with the team and client to support MAS and resolve issues.
- This position has a large operational support and administrative component.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- The candidate will need to have experience in or show the ability to perform in all aspects of the administrative team including the follow:
- Production and non-Production environment support, including shift (6AM – 9PM) and off-hours and weekend hours as needed for support and administration tasks.
- Coordinating with the client and other support contractors on a multitude of administrative and operational aspects.
- Operational support and further development and enhancements of the multiple application environments.
- Supporting development teams Sprints and release cycles. Manage deployments, installs, and the supporting DevSecOps toolset.
- Development and maintenance of the operational environment including cloud-based DevSecOps tools, scripting, and infrastructure (as code).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- The primary responsibility is to support the client’s environments including development, validation (user test), and most importantly production.
- The candidate must understand or show an aptitude for cloud-based operational environments, customer focus, security awareness, continual improvement and enhancements, and the ability to problem solve issues in stressful and critical situations.
- This requires strong technical and communication skills.
- These environments require administration of (almost) everything ‘above the OS’.
- To include at least: AWS Cloud services; various COTS and open source tool configuration, deployment, and operation; maintenance and enhancement of the DevSecOps toolset; Infrastructure as code enhancements and updates; operational security awareness; logging, monitoring, and alerting; configuration management; and input to the ongoing development Sprints with an overall culture of DevSecOps.
The main technical components of MAS that require support and administration include at least the following:
- AWS Infrastructure and Services: Managed via the Terraform infrastructure as code tool. Some of the main AWS Services areas include: VPC; EC2; ECS/ECR; CloudWatch/SNS; Fargate; RDS (Oracle); SSM; Secrets; S3; IAM; Security Hub; Inspector; Lambda; SQS.
- COTS/Open Source: Apache TomCat Application Server; Apache Web Server (ModSec and Shibboleth); Splunk
- DevSecOps Tools: Docker; Jenkins (CloudBees); BitBucket (GIT); Atlassian Configuration (confluence, jira, etc);
- Scripting/Development Tools: Python; bash; jmeter
- Support of an Agile (SCRUM) and DevSecOps development culture and toolset.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (List items desired for the Candidate, but not required):
- AWS Infrastructure and Services: WAF; API Gateway; Other …
- COTS/Open Source: Oracle Siebel CRM; Informatica PowerCenter; IBM Datapower (Virtual Edition); Oracle DB; IBM Connect:Direct
- DevSecOps Tools: SonarCube; X-Ray
- AWS Certification(s)
- User Interface Design
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 28, 2022
Application Deadline: August 29, 2022
Job Type: Full-time