System Engineer - Application Team Support
• Evaluate customer technical requirements and design constraints in support of IT system design and architecture for new or modified environments, including both hardware (server, network and storage) and software.
• Provide technical input in support of proposal development to ensure product selection, system design and delivery schedules are properly developed and implemented.
• Installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of Active Directory domain environments.
• Independent research, selection, best practice implementation and configuration of enterprise software applications, including but not limited to network monitoring, software distribution, intrusion prevention/detection, antivirus, end-point control, software/patch management, email services, file services, print services and database applications.
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of storage platforms to include traditional storage area network implementations using fiber-channel and iSCSI protocols, as well as hyper-converged infrastructures within software defined data center architectures.
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of multiple operating system environments to include both server and client platforms.
• On-site system installation and configuration of new IT systems or modifications to existing systems, and migration from preexisting legacy systems.
• Design and implementation of resilient systems design with a primary focus on high availability and fault tolerance, to include disaster recovery scenarios and complete backup and business continuity objectives.
• Produce highly consistent technical documentation to include step-by-step configuration procedures, operating instructions in support of end-user technical manuals and installation/migration procedures in support of on-site upgrade efforts.
• The ability to work in the US indefinitely is required for this role (permanent residency or US Citizenship).
• Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in configuration management, systems engineering/administration, and software development/implementation (or equivalent).
• Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification required (Security+CE, SSCP, etc.).
• Bachelor degree from accredited university in the area of math, computer science, engineering, systems administration, information technology, or related field.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate detailed technical information to peers and non-technical management staff as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a closely integrated team as needed.
• Experience with configuration and/or administration of storage area networks.
• Experience with implementing and/or administration of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
• Ability to produce consistent and reliable, detailed technical documentation and records of work performed while adhering to customer requirements and standards.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply