Supervisor of Information Technology
@ Lafayette Parish School System
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of eCommerce/web projects to ensure
that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Directly supervises employees in Management Information Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedure’s for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel including assignment of duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required.
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Develops business processes that ensure developed application meets all project requirements.
- Develops and maintains technical and project documentation.
- Develops quality assurance test plans and directs quality assurance testing.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SQL; Oracle and PostgreSQL databases, Payroll and Financial systems; Cloud based application management; Spreadsheet Word Processing software; Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets).
- Ensures that all required state reporting data and financial reporting is delivered accurately and on time.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years related experience and/or training.
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://www.lpssonline.com/departments/administration/employee-services/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 08, 2021
Application Deadline: August 09, 2021