Sr. Technical Writer
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Seeking a Technical Writer who has experience in writing/editing technical documentation including Design Documents, Installation & Build Guides, Release Notes, Knowledge Base Articles, and User Guides.
- Must have experience in meeting with software developers, Business/QA Analysts, project management, and others to create and maintain technical documentation throughout the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Senior Technical Writer should have experience in cloud modernization and deployment of new requirements to an agile DevSecOps environment.
- The candidate reviews functional, non-functional, architecture, and design specifications to ensure an accurate understanding of deliverable requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Creates and refines technical information and other various materials for explaining service.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and meets quality standards.
- Suggests best practices and optimizations throughout content generation projects.
- Collaborates with fellow technical communicators to develop new approaches for creating more precise and engaging knowledge base articles for the customer.
- Manages complex information and multiple projects within content specifications.
- Uses quality assurance process for identifying errors. Implements comprehensive technical documentation, feedback, and changes whenever possible.
- Creates technical documents that convey accurate messaging for the project.
If you are passionate about working in a highly collaborative Open System Architecture environment, we want to hear from you.
- Perform technical administrative and a variety of functions related to the administration of applications to maintain consistency across technical documents related to the applications
- Develop, deliver, and maintain technical documentation in written and/or electronic format
- Engage team members and subject matter experts to obtain and verify content for publication
- Ensure that technical terms are understood and correctly used in all documents and presentations
- Act as librarian of all application related documents by creating and maintaining key documents in the appropriate web sites and areas
- Provide technical writing support to managers and project teams on an as-needed basis
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Must have excellent communication, analytic, problem solving, and customer service skills
- 5-7 years of related work experience with a bachelor’s degree
- Must have experience applying concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation
- Experience producing technical documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NACI public trust clearance
- US Citizen
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, One Note, Outlook)
- Strong customer relationship capabilities
- Ability to interact with partners and clients
- Experience working in a Federal Government environment
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 09, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Job Type: Full-time