Azure Data Architect
- CGI has an immediate need for an Azure Data Architect. Become part of a team to help a large data warehouse cloud transformation to support the digital transformation capabilities and data analytics reporting capabilities for one of CGIs financial services clients.
- CGI is seeking an Enterprise Data Architect to support this large transformation project.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Lead by example and be hands on working closely with the team giving them technical direction and help with issue resolutions to keep the team focused on the solution
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management.
- Lead data engineers to architect and deliver the solutions that fulfill the Business information needs and align with the information vision and strategy.
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly.
- Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver the data while leveraging all available assets.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met.
- Take an active role in the performance management process by completing goal setting, interim review, and year-end review on a timely basis and soliciting ongoing feedback
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 8-10+ years of hands-on experience as an Data Architect, Data Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role for large scale, complex enterprise data warehousing solutions using agile practices. Experience with both development and infrastructure efforts.
- Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as data applications in Azure environments.
- Have experience in implementing data warehouse cloud transformations and data analytics tools like Power BI and Tableau.
- Assist with performing security assessments and in mitigating risks during development and, implementation
- Experience with technologies like Data Factory, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, JIRA, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Git, Terraform, Splunk and others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Experience in leading by example and being a “hands on” member of the team
- Experience in directing and managing technical solutioning
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Data Architecture
- Data Warehousing
- Technical Architecture
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: November 20, 2023
Application Deadline: December 20, 2023
Job Type: Full-time