Sr. Java Developer
- CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, senior Java developer to join a high-performing Agile team in designing and building modern, services-based web applications for a large government agency.
- Our team is using a modern development stack and various additional open-source technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to help build and modernize the system applications for cloud deployment. Grow your leadership and technical skills with in-demand technologies in a fast-paced environment as part of an exciting, positive team that moves quickly and delivers quality software alongside a passionate customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative and detail oriented web application developer who enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies, solving problems, and building high-quality software. The candidate will be responsible for helping to define and code the ongoing architecture and development of an emerging application. The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best practices while helping to share their knowledge with the team and grow the teams’ skills and understanding of robust Java applications.
- The candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of an Agile software development lifecycle, including application design/requirements gathering, estimating development activities, authoring application code, participating in code reviews, and testing the software.
- The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress
- Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on the application.
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
- Authoring automated testing script for the application
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- Gaining a general understanding of database design and optimizing application access to backend data.
- CGI is not able to sponsor international hires for this role.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 7 years
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Exposure to a modern Java software development environment and tools such as Maven, Git, Tomcat, Eclipse, Bamboo, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or other similar technologies.
- Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success.
- Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment on development tasks and continuously deliver quality code for team review and product owner demonstration.
- Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies within the software development industry.
- 2+ years of using Spring Boot Framework/jBPM/Activiti in Java applications
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure.
- Experience participating in an Agile development team
- Experience using Atlassian tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.)
- Consulting experience
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 26, 2022
Application Deadline: December 28, 2022
Job Type: Full-time