Sr. DevOps Engineer/Architect
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- As one of the lead engineers, you will apply proven expertise in architecting and implementing production grade kubernetes cluster environment that provides end to end capabilities such as provisioning, configuring, networking, monitoring, logging, tuning and security compliance.
- The environment consists of open source and third party platform components and you will bring your experience to integrate components of the cluster and support the environments both internal and external. Customer environments have to meet Federal Government Information security requirements.
- As a senior engineer/architect, you will also guide the team in defining and prioritizing technical requirements for production cluster environment and recommend development/release roadmap for those.
- As a senior engineer, you will be working alongside software architecture and development teams currently performing modernization of software products into cloud native architecture.
- Candidate is expected to design and develop CI-CD build and deploy pipelines and orchestration solutions that automate delivery of our software to non prod and prod environment using industry best practices. These include scripts development, artifact management, tool integration, code analysis and scanning, test automation, versioning and release packaging across software products built on heterogeneous architectures and frameworks
- Candidate should understand and comply with the SDLC based on SAFe/Agile principles and process
- Candidate is expected to support devOps needs for multiple agile teams build and deployment process.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and should be self-motivated to identify solutions that are built with re-use in mind and follow architectural best practices.
- As a subject matter expert, you are expected to support teams that manage our software deployments at Government agencies that are on premise as well as multi cloud.
- Help identify, track, and resolve risks and dependencies across multiple teams
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years experience in implementing and managing production kubernetes environments and containerized (docker) application deployments.
- Strong technical background and experience (Preferred: 5 years)
- Linux environments such as RHEL on VMware and cloud infrastructure
- Architecting CI-CD pipelines for on-prem and multi cloud environments
- CI-CD toolchain and scripting languages (Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, docker, YAML, HELM)
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana and log aggregation systems.
- Experience in software development
- Exposure to middleware technologies (App servers, message brokers and proxies)
- Experience in Java and Go programming languages
- Experience with open-source technologies and tools.
- Understanding of Federal Government security standards pertaining to containerized application environments such as NIST, FISMA
- Excellent understanding of agile and lean principles
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different workstreams
- Kubernetes certification(s)
- Cloud certifications
- Infrastructure automation and networking
- Experience in supporting ATO and technical audit
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience working with remote teams
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 12, 2022
Application Deadline: June 13, 2022
Job Type: Full-time