Sr. Data Analyst
- CGI is offering an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organization as a Technical Data analyst. With your expertise, you will work with a successful team to develop solutions for a major client.
- You will support and harmonize with the client daily with a focus across the organization.
- You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role.
- You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. Look after business needs and technical issues and help support the broader team.
- Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work with business and IT teams of various application to understand their data, database and flow within the systems
- Analyze the application DB to identify the relations, foreign keys, constraints based on scope provided by application team
- Work with DBA's and Data Modeler's to design new in-scope data model for the applications to archive and purge the data
- Coordinate and work with all partners such as App team, DBA, Business, Legal and others to come to common grounds for designing a working model for every app.
- Complete work following Agile methodology and concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 4-5 years of shown experience in several types of databases – DB2 (LUW/Mainframe), Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hadoop and others
- Understanding of Mainframe (ability to navigate through file/PDS/tables within mainframe.
- Basic understanding of Rexx and Easytrieve programs
- Expertise in SQL writing and Data Analysis
- Expertise in understanding RI, constraints, data relation and flow
- Experience in analyzing the database and coming up with solution design per business and application needs
- Experience in testing, debugging and solution design.
- Experience in requirement gathering
- Experience with production environment handling
- Experience in solely handling client business calls and collecting requirements and working with client DBAs
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, hive, hql and hbase.
- Knowledge of IBM-OPTIM tool is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of python programming.
- Understanding of AWS/cloud with a keen to learn.
- A track record and curiosity about learning new technologies.
- Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and evolving environment.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
- Should be open to learn new tools and technologies and also shift within project needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Positive relationship and collaboration skills.
- Health Care / Health Services business area domain expertise highly preferred.
- Educational Expectations: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Related Field
- Data Analysis
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: October 05, 2022
Application Deadline: December 07, 2022
Job Type: Full-time