Sr Business Analyst
- The successful candidate will interface with CGI Federal clients and end users to gather business and functional requirements, and perform technical analysis for the development of a high volume transaction system with complex workflows and user interface.
- Provide operational, tactical and strategic analysis to accomplish program goals and exceed user satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and validate clients’ business needs and requirements
- Attend requirements gathering meetings with the client to identify business needs, functional and system requirements
- Analyze and develop mockups based on business understanding. Prototype user interface designs using Visio, Excel and/or other design tools
- Produce detailed requirements documents, including a Business Requirements Document (BRD) that contains user stories and requirements statements, as well as other deliverables using project templates
- Collaborate with the development and testing team to ensure implementation of the needed business, functional and system requirements
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
- Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies.
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve.
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to user workflows and be an advocate for user community.
- Produce concise, accurate requirements documentation, user stories, acceptance test criteria
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in larger Medicare policy and provider community.
- Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between CGI and its clients.
- 8-10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / technologies / processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years working in an Agile environment on complex projects.
- Strong experience with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Strong analytical skills and innovative thinking
- Demonstrated experience working on large integration systems and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Experience coordinating multiple teams in a technology environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project related information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile environment.
- Experience modelling or supporting technical teams large data bases and complex data structures
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: December 28, 2021
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022