Sr. Application Engineer
- Engineering team supporting a large federal financial system is seeking a Senior Application Engineer.
- Candidate should be a team-player and will work with a team of other application engineers, software developers, DBAs, business analysts, software testers, and help desk team in managing a complex heterogeneous solution encompassing online transactions, enterprise reporting, numerous internal and external interfaces, which supports 2,000+ concurrent users.
- Engineering responsibilities cover performance management, software configuration, application monitoring, major upgrades, new solution assessments, network monitoring, security vulnerability prevention and remediation.
- Candidate should have creativity and strong passion in problem solving, as well as ability to multi-task between learning the software stack and delivering critical, time-sensitive solutions.
- A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced but rewarding environment.
- Occasional scheduled weekend work may be needed to complete deliverables and/or support complex maintenance events.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Install and configure applications, with the intent of documenting and automating repeatable installations.
- Develop and maintain application monitoring systems, using both 3rd party tools and home-grown methods. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for DevOps and Production Support teams to follow in response to monitoring events
- Execute performance assessments and tuning to cover entire system stack from user networks, through application servers, to database
- Design and prototype operational solutions, such automating database refreshes or cloning application stacks
- Present engineering solutions to the client. Develop slide decks and other presentation material.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems throughout the full stack of application software. Work with developers and team members to leverage their knowledge to solve problems and test solutions.
- Examine reports and logs in the system; analyze problems and identify root causes.
- Interface to the hardware providers and other data center staff for roadmap planning and resource tracking
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Experience with at least one of these application servers – Jboss, ActiveMQ, WebLogic, Tuxedo, Kubernetes platforms
- Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- Ability to write and extend scripts in either a Unix shell, or Python
- Experience with a scheduling tool, such Jenkins, Control-M, or Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS)
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Desire and ability to work within a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to share knowledge and help teammates
- Experience with CGI Momentum is strongly desired. Experience with other ERP systems (Oracle, SAP) also a plus.
- Experience in IBM AIX and/or Linux, with preference to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Performance testing experience with IBM Rational Performance Tester, JMeter, or similar tool.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 06, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time