SQL Server and Oracle DBA
This organization operates a high-quality project centric delivery model and the candidate is expected to perform at “meets” or “exceeds” levels within that context for all delivery. The program currently has 20+ large clients and is rapidly growing. The candidate will report to the Transition Services Operations team leader and be responsible for the following:
• Microsoft SQL server and Oracle 12c, Oracle 18c & Oracle 19c – architecture, design and troubleshooting in both Linux and Windows environments.
• Perform migration and cutover activities in support of upgrading a client from older versions of Oracle or SQL Server to new versions, as well as conversion of databases from Oracle to SQL Server.
• Write automation/scripts for backup solutions, DB statistics, tuning, and advise upon best practice standards that the team should leverage for the Advantage Cloud to gain efficiencies.
• Understand the complete architecture from Infrastructure, Database and Application level and contribute with your experiences in these areas.
• Follow standards for software installation and configuration, striving for consistency, repeatability, and scalability across the portfolio. Provide input towards the enhancement of processes and standards and supporting the organization’s DevOps initiative.
• Ability to work flexible hours as determined by project and/or team needs in support of client and service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes quarterly participation in Maintenance Windows, and/or Disaster Recovery testing
• 4 year college degree in a technical field or 3+yrs of related experience.
• 5 years experience with Database Administration in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle 12c, 18c, or 19c.
• Experience with Oracle upgrades, cross-platform migrations, and capacity planning to provide strategic direction for database environments
• Experience with data migration including data export/import, ETL execution, and SQL scripting preferably with Oracle 11g/12c and SQL Server.
• Comfortable working in both UNIX/Linux and Windows Server virtualized environments.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of Oracle SQL and SQL Server database languages.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Oracle and SQL Server including operating system performance
• (Bonus) Experience with ERP Installations on JBOSS, WebSphere, or using Business Objects.
• (Bonus) Experience working in containerized ERP solutions
• Ability to create, understand, and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Strong problem-solving skills in a complex, multi-tiered integrated environment with the ability to understand the inter-relationship between the various components and layers.
• Ability to work in non-conventional environment with virtual CGI and client teams spanning time zones across the U.S. and India.
• Independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in this geographically distributed team work environment.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to work synergistically with members from multiple teams and cultures.
Database Administration - 5 years experience
Database Performance Tuning - 5 years experience
Database Configuration Management - 1-3 years experience
Any ERP Solution (e.g. Oracle Financial/HR) - 1-3 years experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 10, 2021
Application Deadline: October 11, 2021