Software Engineering Manager - (Web)
- The Software Engineering Manager will have responsibility for the management and oversight of one or more functional teams of software engineers who develop and support both back-end services and front-end client-facing applications.
- You will be responsible for processes, talent recruitment, performance and development, engagement and inclusion, resource planning, and prioritizing and directing the responsibilities of your team.
- This position will report to the Director of Engineering.
- This Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading our Consumer Experience (CX) team using React to drive major feature initiatives.
- Manage a team of high caliber ReactJs Software Engineers building Web solutions for new WaitrApp resources.
- Recruit, hire mentor, and coach Software Development Engineers at different levels of experience.
- Manage and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional, high-paced engineering environment.
- Interface with our internal/external customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
- Drive improvements in agile software engineering practices.
- Provide guidance and support to your team on technical questions, release management, performance management, and career development.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years' software experience in a modern programming language, such as Java, Scala, C or C++
- 4+ years' experience managing and developing direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
- Computer Science fundamentals in software design
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Python, Rust or Go
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience managing software development team
- Strong understanding on design principles, patterns and best practices
- Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://asap.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: July 22, 2022
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022
Job Type: Full-time