Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Team is looking for a Software Engineer (2-8 + years of experience with applicable technologies) to develop software within a team of 4 others and working in partnership with client and other CGI team members located in Denver, CO.
- The successful candidate will have experience within an agile environment (preferably SAFe Agile) and will have experience with a combination of back end and front end development utilizing some of the following technologies:
- Java 8, Python, Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, AWS
- Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins technical environment.
- typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- Angular 2 or higher
Looking for the following qualities:
- Resourcefulness – ability and desire to dig in to solve problems,
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow while having fun on a dynamic team,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members in other locations,
- Quirky/ personable and able to have a laugh while being focused to work towards deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pointing user stories
- Working within scrum teams consisting of PO, SM, other engineers, and testers
- Understanding requirements within user stories and developing solutions
- Owning user stories and working independently
- Troubleshooting and working within a team structure of 5 – 10 team members
- Unit testing work
- Ability to do more complex testing on user stories (that you didn’t code) when the team needs to swarm at end of sprint
- Deploying into a pipeline
- Being client-facing, so excellent written and verbal communication as well as business acumen
- Raising and mitigating risks within a team
- Overcoming issues – resourcefulness!
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Java 8, Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins. UIs: Angular, typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
- Due to the nature of government contract, US citizenship is required.
- Diverse development skills in Ruby, Angular is a plus
- REST Webservices
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 06, 2022
Application Deadline: June 06, 2022
Job Type: Full-time