Software Developer Test Engineer
@ L3 Harris
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to help us improve our world class autonomy platform. We are a fast-paced team specializing in building next generation autonomy for surface vessels employing state of the art technology from a variety of fields – operator interfaces, sensing, planning, and hardware control. Our product allows naval vessels to operate fully autonomously while safely reacting to the world around it. With over 100 vessels in operation and 2,000 days logged at sea our product is one of the best solutions in the world and we are leading the effort toward naval autonomy in commercial and defense spaces.
Our software developers are a team of highly talented individuals. We take pride in the quality of our product, and we encourage all our developers to take ownership and personal responsibility. We have a strong culture of review and mentoring as part of our collaborative commitment to excellence. Our goal is to provide an extremely accessible work environment that empowers developers to tackle hard problems. We value the best ideas, whether from an intern or a lead, and every individual can have a significant impact on our success.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player, and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems, join us.
- Integration and testing of software products
- Development of test and validation processes
- Development of automated testing methods
- Integration testing and issue investigation of software with minimal supervision
- Issue reporting and documentation using the issue tracking and collaboration tools
- Validation and verification of bug fixes
- Preparation/creation of software builds/deliverables
- Collaboration with partner companies and organizations (email, meetings, integration/test)
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experience (5+ years) in software testing role
- Troubleshooting software running on Linux systems
- Knowledge of computer science theory and practice
- Knowledge of software development using modern C++
- Knowledge of software development in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Excellent written (formal and informal documentation) and oral communications skills
- Proficient in computer networking including configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- Position will be 80% onsite and 20% remote, candidates must be local or in the surrounding area of Broussard, LA.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://careers.l3harris.com/search-jobs
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 25, 2021
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021