Senior Software Engineer
The successful candidate will have experience within an agile environment (preferably SAFe Agile) and will have experience with a combination of back end and front-end development utilizing some of the following technologies:
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services
- Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins technical environment.
- typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- Nice to have: Python, Ruby, Angular
Looking for the following qualities:
- Resourcefulness – ability and desire to dig in to solve problems,
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow while having fun on a dynamic team,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members in other locations,
- Leadership – ability to provide leadership within the team,
- Personable and able to have a laugh while being focused to work towards deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pointing user stories
- Working within scrum teams consisting of PO, SM, other engineers, and testers
- Understanding requirements within user stories and developing solutions
- Owning user stories and working independently
- Troubleshooting and working within a team structure of 5 – 10 team members
- Unit testing work
- Ability to do more complex testing on user stories (that you didn’t code) when the team needs to swarm at end of sprint
- Deploying into a pipeline
- Being client-facing, so excellent written and verbal communication as well as business acumen
- Raising and mitigating risks within a team
- Overcoming issues – resourcefulness!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, as is the ability to provide leadership on a team.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins, typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- 6+ years of SW engineering
- Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities
- Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams
- Team skills: Works will with others, delivers positive energy to their team
- Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
- User stories
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 06, 2023
Application Deadline: June 08, 2023
Job Type: Full-time