Senior Python Engineer
Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop software within a team of others and working in partnership with client and other CGI team members located in Colorado.
- The successful candidate will have experience within an agile environment (preferably SAFe Agile) and will have experience with a combination of back end and front end development utilizing some of the following technologies:
- Java and Python
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services
- Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins technical environment.
- typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- Nice to have: Ruby, Angular 2 or higher
Looking for the following qualities:
- Resourcefulness – ability and desire to dig in to solve problems,
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow while having fun on a dynamic team,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members in other locations,
- Leadership – ability to provide leadership within the team,
- Quirky/ personable and able to have a laugh while being focused to work towards specific outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pointing user stories
- Working within scrum teams consisting of PO, SM, other engineers, and testers
- Understanding requirements within user stories and developing solutions
- Owning user stories and working independently
- Troubleshooting and working within a team structure of 4-8 team members
- Unit testing work
- Ability to do more complex testing on user stories (that you didn’t code) when the team needs to swarm at end of sprint
- Deploying into a pipeline
- Being client-facing, so excellent written and verbal communication as well as business acumen
- Raising and mitigating risks within a team
- Overcoming issues – resourcefulness!
- Must have:
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins, typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- Bachelors degree and 10+ years of SW engineering
- UIs: Angular, Ruby - a plus
- Due to the nature of government contract, US citizenship is required.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: October 11, 2021
Application Deadline: November 11, 2021