Senior Java Full-Stack Engineer - Expert
- CGI is seeking a Java Full Stack Developer!
- With expertise in Full Stack development including analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation of distributed applications and microservices consistent with architectural direction and established patterns.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a successful team to develop solutions and support the client daily with a focus across the organization.
- You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic organization, to show and grow your technology in a customer-facing role.
- We are seeking someone who has the ability to efficiently look after technical issues and help to support the broader team.
- Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Full stack development including analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation of distributed applications and microservices consistent with architectural direction and established patterns
- Help drive design discussions and drive end to end implementations
- Provide proof of concepts for software tools/technologies related to application or process development and establish patterns
- Plan and implement procedures focused on operational efficiency and automation through DevOps capabilities
- Establish/Improve/Maintain proactive monitoring and management of supported assets assuring performance, availability, resiliency and security
- Maintain a validated and cohesive relationship with delivery partners and business partners.
- Complete work following Agile development methodologies and concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 12 years of shown experience crafting, developing, deploying, and supporting computing applications in a large-scale, midrange, and distributed environment as a Technical Lead Engineer
- Expertise in API Standards, Microservices Architecture and Cloud capabilities
- Expertise in development of RESTful APIs and SOAP services using message formats such as JSON or XML
- Expertise in integration technologies such as Spring Boot, Camel
- Expertise in JVM based languages such as Java, Kotlin and Scala
- Expertise in functional programming and reactive framework
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience with non-JVM based modern languages and frameworks such as Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, Golang and Angular
- Expertise in git flow model and working with CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and deployment strategies.
- Expertise in building cloud native applications, knowledge on cloud providers and services using Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS
- Expertise in containerization technologies like Docker, container orchestration engines such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Experience in application patterns such as Circuit breakers, Throttling, Rate limiting and Service Discovery
- Experience with performance testing tools such as JMeter/NeoLoad and application tuning
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, hive, hql and hbase
- Track record and curiosity about learning new technologies
- Candidates should be self-starters and ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and continuously evolving environment
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Positive relationship and collaboration skills.
- Health Care / Health Services business area domain expertise preferred
- Educational Expectations: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science on Related Field
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 12, 2023
Application Deadline: April 13, 2023
Job Type: Full-time