Senior Java Full Stack Developer
• Execute and contribute in all phases of the full software lifecycle
• Senior full stack development across the back-end, client side, UI.
• Ability to research, learn, and implement new technologies efficiently.
• Ability to mentor others, work as a team, and delegate.
• Proactively architecting & designing innovative solutions and make recommendations.
• Will be advising team with new ideas, best practices and strategy on Front End /Backend Development for given applications.
• Agile experience is a plus.
• Understand technical specs, translate functional designs into technical designs
• Write well designed, testable, and efficient code
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Support release and deployment
• Manage personal deadlines while supporting team sprint planning and deliveries
• Proactively help identify project risks and help mitigate problems
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems that deliver high-availability and performance
• Test code changes and resolve differences between expected and actual results
• Assist with troubleshooting technical problems and issues
• Development languages – Java; experience in developing enterprise applications.
• Database and cache - knowledge of various DBMS technology. MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer are widely used for this purpose. Knowledge of caching mechanisms like varnish, Memcached, Redis is a plus.
• Basic design ability - knowledge of designing; know the principle of basic prototype design and UI /UX design.
• Server - Exposure to handling Apache or nginx servers is desirable. A good background in Linux helps tremendously in administering servers.
• Version control system (VCS) – knowledge of Git.
• Working with API (REST & SOAP) - Knowledge of web services or API. Knowledge of creations and consumption of REST and SOAP services is desirable.
• Ability to write quality unit tests.
• Should have a complete understanding of automated processes for building testing, document, and deploying it at scale.
• An awareness of security concerns is important, as each layer has its own vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge of Algorithms and data structures is also an essential need for professional full stack developers.
• Ability to think independently, work and communicate with others at all levels, and make progress efficiently.
• Working knowledge in DevOps tools like Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy and Git.
• An inherent ability to solve problems and provide solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Skill Set Years of Experience
Java 9+ years
Angular 5+ years
Spring Boot 5+ years
SQL 2+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Agile experience
• Knowledge of Spring and Maven frameworks, HTML, CSS
• Test Driven Development
• UI Testing Frameworks
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 08, 2021
Application Deadline: October 08, 2021