Senior I&E Technician
@ SafeSource Direct
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Senior I&E Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all electrical and instrumentation systems for the facility in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Leads and performs preventive and corrective I&E technical service on all instrumentation, controls, and electrical equipment such as:
- Pressure, temperature, shut down and alarm systems
- Transmitters (level, temp, etc.), controllers, actuators, recorders, valves, indicators, switches, and fire and gas equipment, etc.
- Electrical power distribution
- Repair and calibrate various measurement devices such as pressure recording meters, liquid flow meters, gas detectors, fire detectors, and repair control valves and regulators.
- Read and be able to interpret P&ID’s, & Pneumatic, Electrical and Mechanical equipment engineering drawings.
- Knowledgeable on hot work and lock-out/tag-out.
- Interface with all departments including operations, mechanics, and engineering staff.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults, and executes repairs.
- Configures, installs, and commissions new instruments and controllers. Ensure they are installed and maintained in a manner consistent with sound engineering and applicable codes.
- Maintains accurate work order recordkeeping in applicable system.
- May oversee the work of third-party contractors.
- Participate in root cause analysis activities on failures involving significant expense or downtime.
- Analyze repetitive occurrences and provide technical solutions to improve uptime and reduce cost.
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required Diploma Technical Degree in Instrumentation/ Electrical or relevant field preferred
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience with the installation, operations and maintenance of instrumentation and electrical devices
- Advanced skills with pressure, flow, level, temperature, and analytical instruments
- Knowledge of actuated and control valves, power distribution, and switchgear.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.safesourcedirect.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Broussard, LA
Date Posted: August 19, 2022
Application Deadline: October 19, 2022
Job Type: Full-time