Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Viemed is seeking an Internal Control and Financial Reporting professional to join the Financial Reporting team. The position is responsible for managing Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) compliance and assisting with SEC reporting.
- Assist management in designing internal controls and processes.
- Meet with process owners to obtain an understanding of assigned processes, update process design documentation, and/or document the walkthrough.
- Complete the SOX program from walkthroughs, design assessments, operating effectiveness testing, and remediation to deficiency evaluation and final reporting for assigned portfolio of significant processes.
- Coordinate and lead efforts to remediate deficiencies (design and operating effectiveness or documentation) identified during testing.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal management and internal and external audit.
- Assist in the preparation of SEC quarterly and annual filings, as well as other public presentations (press releases) utilizing SEC filing software (Workiva).
- Coordinate and prepare other external financial data necessitated by regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Create\update supporting schedules for the preparation of financial statements.
- Coordinate with personnel from other departments to gather, consolidate and analyze financial information.
- Coordinate with the FP&A Team on internal management reporting needs
- Execute special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance with CPA or progression towards CPA licensure
- 3+ years in SOX Compliance, Auditing, or Public Accounting and/or SEC reporting (Big 4 audit experience preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge of SOX compliance required
- Ability to directly identify and tackle critical issues by effectively utilizing technical, analytical and problem-solving aptitudes.
- Organized self-starter with an ability to manage multiple activities in a timely manner with general supervisory guidance.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
This position will work in an office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The following are essential mental and physical requirements:
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://viemed.apscareerportal.com/account
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: November 15, 2021
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021