Senior ERP Applications Engineer
- The CGI Managed Advantage Services Program delivers and supports a proprietary Government ERP software suite and we are expanding our client base rapidly.
- Our CGI Government and Health (G&H) group is seeking skilled Sr. ERP Operations Engineer that will work directly with multiple clients in this large-scale, globally supported outsourcing and premium maintenance program based in Lafayette, LA.
- This is a challenging and dynamic role with high levels of involvement with clients, other CGI organizations, and team members supporting interesting, complex, and often critical client needs.
- For this role, CGI is looking for an individual with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of the team’s workload; a proven history of driving teams to meet target dates and being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other geographically distributed team members and other teams.
- This position has minimal travel requirements, potentially a few times a year for team meetings/training or for direct client support.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Candidate will be the Sr. ERP Applications Engineer for the Advantage Cloud Delivery and Cloud Services (ACDCS) working in UNIX/LINUX environments, Candidate will provide day-to-day production support for assigned clients working on operations activities, including problem resolution, cycle support, and configuration management related to the assigned operations.
- Candidate must pay close attention to detail and the surrounding implications of all actions, be able to multi-task, and be independent and self-motivated with the desire and work ethic to thrive and excel in a non-traditional work environment.
- Candidate will be a member of a 24/7 production operations support group that runs cycles for multiple clients on a nightly, weekly, and monthly basis. Candidate must be able to participate in the team’s rotating on-call and maintenance responsibilities including potential nights, weekends, or holiday support hours.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage, support and mentor operations team members to ensure that client activities are in scope and are completed according to standards, contractual obligations and Service Level Agreements.
- Manage staff to provide appropriate and essential coverage and follow through for all client events and service requests, including personnel scheduling maintain coverage mneeds at all times.
- Oversight of the clients' day-to-day details including but not limited to batch processing cycles, maintenance windows, change control processes, database refresh planning, performance monitoring, environment and application security.
- Maintain healthy client relationships, understand client’s perspective with issues reported and diligently work on a remediation’s plans.
- Proactively identify issue by leveraging and analyzing the trends using JIRA, OAPM & IAP tools. Understand metrics such as Number of tickets, Issues reported per client etc. to assess the team member’s workload.
- Work with teams on coordination for all Production deployments that impact clients.
- Identify and communicate issues to senior team managers that have the potential for escalation.
- Work with datacenter personnel and across teams as needed to support their efforts on the clients’ behalf.
- Address SLA-bound technical incident reports or requests by the client.
- Monitor the health and stability of the client environments, proactively engaging the necessary stakeholders and remediating issues/incidents that may arise.
- Manage client’s backup processing and verify backups are successfully obtained to meet SLA requirements.
- Address client requests for technical assistance such as file recovery, user ID management, or execution of special processes. Develop/Improve processes and procedures.
- Support other technical teams by providing screen shots, query executions, or log files necessary to resolve system or application issues.
- For new client implementations, test and fine-tune scripts and cycle automation processes to ensure stable steady-state operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must operate under the CGI corporate standard frameworks for client, member, and stakeholder satisfaction. Candidate will also be responsible for all aspects of CGI’s member management, such as performance reviews, coaching and training, or performance improvement actions as required, to ensure that corporate policies are followed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Experience with UNIX, MS SQL and scripting (C shell, K shell, bash, etc.); LINUX, ORACLE, SQL Server and programing languages (Perl, Visual Basic, Cobol, R, Python, etc.) will be preferred.
- Knowledge of SFTP/FTP/HTTPS/HTTP and standard network concepts.
- A practical problem solver, strategic thinker and seek advice when needed.
- Understand importance of adhering to contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Strong interpersonal skills working across multiple teams and building trusted client relationships.
- Take pride in your work and able to communicate technical issues, verbally and written, effectively to both technical and non-technical team members and/or clients.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear, effective communication regarding technical issues and impact to client business.
- Have great time management and the ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision.
- Able to collaborate effectively with globally dispersed teams.
- Flexibility to work with clients and support teams across time zones.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: November 17, 2022
Application Deadline: December 19, 2022
Job Type: Full-time