Senior Employee Relations Consultant
@ SCP Health
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Flexible schedules and work-from-home opportunities
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for first level responses and consultation for employee relations matters. Implement and administer policies and programs meant to foster positive relations between employees and the organization.
This position will lead workplace investigations, consult with managers and employees on employee complaints, counseling, performance management, and involuntary separations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, coaching, and support to management and staff regarding employee relations issues, performance behaviors, interpretation of employment laws, and policies and procedures. Ensures that employee relations issues such as employee complaints of harassment, retaliation and discrimination are thoroughly investigated and resolved.
- Reviews all performance counseling to ensure clear communication of issues are addressed, provide the details necessary to support the counseling and are appropriate and equitable and do not violate any state or federal laws.
- Utilizes an ER case management tracking system to assist follow through on all ER issues.
- Ensures that investigations are conducted timely and within established procedures. Makes recommendations for resolution regarding issues of staff disputes and/or misconduct. Ensures all documentation is complete and stored appropriately for future reference.
- Ensures that exit interviews are completed timely and trends are identified and communicated.
- Maintains the Employee Handbook and other company-wide HR policies and procedures, ensuring that all policies are up to date and in compliance with current legal requirements.
- Effectively communicates various HR policies and procedures, and any applicable employment-related laws, standards, and government regulations company-wide as needed.
- Partners with relevant parties to effectively implement policy/procedure changes across the company.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 5 years of employee relations or human resources generalist experience, including at least three years in employee and labor relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience
- Proven experience in employee relations, particularly in a complex employment environment.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to collaborate with respective team members and internal clients.
- Proven ability to influence various stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning employee relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques and dispute resolution.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Bachelors degree - Required
- Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, or related field required
- PHR preferred
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/scp-health/job/oY4FjfwK?__jvst=Job%20Board&__jvsd=Job_Board_LEDA
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 08, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Job Type: Full-time