Senior Data Analyst
- A Data Analyst at Waitr is responsible for delivering accurate analyses and reporting deliverables to business stakeholders throughout the company, providing certainty for critical business decisions.
- A Data Analyst leverages BI tools to provide data from a data warehouse, maintained by Waitr’s team of Data Engineers, as well as data from disparate sources such as internal assets and third party tools.
- In doing so, a Data Analyst delivers comprehensive answers to end-users’ questions about the business and industry.
- As a member of the Analytics team, a Data Analyst collaborates with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to create analytical solutions, investigates issues of data quality and integrity, and ultimately is a key player in making the Analytics function at Waitr a success.
- Work in a collaborative, flexible team environment with agile sprint structure
- Create, modify, and maintain reporting objects for internal teams within existing BI tooling
- Very familiar with database software (Redshift, RDS, etc.) and BI tools used for self-service reporting and reporting deliverables
- SME on company KPIs and familiarity with operational data, financial data, and marketing data
- Uphold and implement best practices for reporting and data analysis
- Identify areas for improvement with regards to query performance, reporting strategy, work in-take, and stakeholder management
- Meet with internal stakeholders as needed to fulfill requests and/or gather requirements
- Very familiar with reporting data layer (ETL, data warehouse/model)
- Interface with Data Engineering to resolve data issues and consult on new data
- Interface with members of other teams or departments as needed to move projects forward
- Present issues/bugs, and findings to the team and provides recommendations/solutions for fixes
- Work with fellow Analysts to answer quick questions from business users over Slack
- De facto scrum master for data analysts in lieu of a Team Lead/Department Leadership
- Conduct and participate in virtual meetings, and successfully communicate verbally and in writing with others
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or related field
- OR equivalent from a four-year college or technical school
- OR 2-3 years of related experience and/or training
- 3-5 years of SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle SQL, SQL Server) experience
- 3-5 years working in BI Tools (Tableau experience preferred).
- 3-5 years of working in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets.
- Strong quantitative and analysis skills
- Excellent communications skill at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to self-manage, prioritize assigned work, and organize ones schedule
- Expert in developing KPIs, metric tracking, data analysis, data modeling, and forecasting
- Workflow management experience (e.g. Jira, Click-Up, Asana, Hive, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience
- PostgreSQL/AWS RDS/AWS Redshift experience is preferred.
- Tableau experience is preferred.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods throughout the day
- Use of computer, monitor, and keyboard for 8 hours per workday to complete work tasks
- Work Hours: 40 hours per week, M-F, 8-5 in the candidate’s local time zone or other work arrangements as agreed upon between the candidate and department leader.
- Salary falls between $90,000-$100,000 depending on experience
- Our benefits package includes a 401k, flexible PTO, medical, dental, vision, paid paternity/maternity leave and other voluntary benefits like short term and long term disability.
- 100% remote!!
- Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment.
- Logistical: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of efficiency.
- Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
- Team Player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
- Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude.
- Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
- Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://asap.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: July 22, 2022
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022
Job Type: Full-time