Senior Corporate Paralegal
@ McIlhenny Company
What this job is all about:
- The Senior Corporate Paralegal will assist the Chief Legal Officer (CLO), and work closely with the Trademark and Licensing Senior Manager, attorneys, and other legal staff in handling an array of domestic and international legal matters including, but not limited to, contract management, licensing, and protection of McIlhenny Company’s intellectual property.
In this job, you’ll do things like:
- Provide professional legal support to CLO, Trademark and Licensing Senior Manager, attorneys, and other legal staff in handling an array of domestic and international legal matters
- Draft various forms of legal documents using attorney-approved standard templates (various forms of agreements, amendments, authorization and demand letters, renewal and termination letters, etc.); analyze, proof and edit various types of legal documents
- Determine potential legal issues which arise in the course of business communications, recommend resolutions and refer them to the appropriate legal counsel for analysis
- Monitor provisions of various contracts and existing trademarks, service marks, copyrights, state registrations, domains, etc. owned by the Company and handle accordingly to ensure compliant and deadlines are met
- Perform general legal research including but not limited to review of regulations governing food industry and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry and other regulations designed to ensure corporate compliance with applicable laws
- Perform legal research and analysis in connection with various matters such as prospective licensees, evaluating infringements, counterfeits, and trademark usage by the Company and/or third parties, and litigation matters
- Manage other Legal Department staff as assigned, to include overseeing day-to-day tasks, training and development, and assigning duties.
Other great stuff about this job:
- Be a part of the team that protects and defends a globally recognized brand!
- You’ll be more than just a number! Take pride working in a privately held, family-owned business with a strong team and culture where you are valued.
- Uniquely generous benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k savings plan with company match and potential profit-sharing.
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal certification
- 10+ years of extensive knowledge with contract management or legal transactional experience at a medium to large sized law firm or corporate in-house legal department
What will give you an edge:
- 12+ years of experience
- Intellectual Property transactional exposure
- Experience in supervision of paralegals or other office support staff
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.tabasco.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Avery Island, LA
Date Posted: November 09, 2022
Application Deadline: December 09, 2022
Job Type: Full-time