Screen Print Operator
@ Ace Specialties
Ace Specialties, a national leader in promotional marketing, has an opening for an experienced Screen Print Operator to join our team! Our ideal candidate has experience operating DTG printers. Ace Specialties is a fast-growing company based in Lafayette, LA. We provide E-Commerce, Fulfillment, Marketing, Promotional and Political Solutions for clients around the USA. Ace Specialties specializes in taking our client's brands to the next level and challenge ourselves to deliver exceptional results for each client.
- Operate Direct-to-Garment(DTG) Printers.
- Perform standard screen print procedures such as but not limited to: tape screens so ink only goes through design, align the screens to the press pallets, line up registration marks, learn angles of squeezes for ink, put ink on the screens, gather garments for printing and load them on the print pallet, break down the screens by removing and taking to get cleaned.
- Utilize designated software to manipulate the customer supplied database files in preparation for digital print services.
- Be responsible for the daily metrics of assigned presses (scrap, efficiency, run time).
- If daily metrics and or quality standards are not being met, you are responsible to troubleshoot the issue and make adjustments accordingly to continue production.
- Responsible for production quality of assigned daily presses such as random production samples.
- Perform size changes and/or set ups for all presses following established work instructions.
- Provide color management support on every project.
- Understand the dye sublimation process and how each step affects color and quality.
- Recognize how fabric sublimates and reacts to certain temperatures while transferring.
- Work closely with the Production Lead to schedule jobs for print production.
- Follow all safety procedures put into place for production, size changes and set-ups.
- Occasional preventative maintenance to keep machines running properly.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks for printing or other departments as directed by leadership team.
- Complete technical training on all new equipment as assigned.
- Cross-train in warehouse tasks and fill in when needed (lifting, packing, arranging, shipping product).
- 3-5 years (minimum) of experience with manual and automatic t-shirt presses.
- Computer skills are required - versed in various computer programs focused on digital printing.
- Ability to be trained on all equipment and procedures.
- Dye Sublimation experience, preferred.
- Prepress artwork setup experience, preferred.
- Ability to manage high volume production with high accuracy.
- Ability to learn, reference and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, such as: ink formulation, machine set up and adjustment, quality work, etc.
- Ability to work quickly, multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy (i.e. attention to detail and organizational skills are a must).
- Ability to reason and troubleshoot machine problems.
- Mechanical mindset and willingness to learn.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, but also as part of a larger team whose goals are 100% on-time delivery and error-free production.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 50 lbs. when necessary.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 20, 2021
Application Deadline: August 23, 2021