@ Lafayette Council on Aging
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Note: Essential functions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is: similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.)
- Visiting all clients referred by the Agency and assuring that individual appointments are kept.
- Companion care of elderly populations in their home.
- Keeps accurate records of services provided and gets appropriate signatures for all home visits.
- Serves as a resource person for clients and assists clients in getting needs met. Participates in program evaluations.
- Refers families to community resources and other organizations.
- NEVER administers medication of any kind to clients. LCOA does not provide any home health services and does NOT ever provide any medical tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Case Management Coordinator, Manager of Programs & Personnel (when applicable), and/or the Executive Director.
1. High School Diploma
2.CPR /First Aid Certification
Applicant must have a good driving record, current driver’s license, and valid auto insurance (minimum limits as required by law). Must possess CPR/First Aid certification . The ability to relate and understand older persons, and a genuine interest, concern, sensitivity and awareness of older persons and their needs is crucial to this position.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume to email@example.com or call 337-262-5990 and ask for Monica Smith, Director of Programs and Personnel.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Application Deadline: December 12, 2099