Research and Development Chemist
@ SafeSource Direct
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates as a Research & Development Chemist to support in method development, testing and trials, troubleshooting, and the supply of technical advice.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems with laboratory equipment and methodology.
- Testing and evaluation of raw materials.
- Prepare and review SOPs and other controlled documentation.
- Review routine calibration and maintenance of instrumentation.
- Work with a team of scientists in a fast-paced environment to design and implement analytical strategies.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Responds to requests for support outside of regular office hours to provide continuity of the laboratory service.
- Compares results with plant data, informing plant Operators of results that may have an impact on plant operation.
- Assists other members within the Technical Department with other work as requested from time to time.
- Interprets laboratory results through process knowledge.
- Suggests and implements improvements to the Lab Quality Management System.
- Cross-train on different analytical methods.
- Implement laboratory improvements.
- Validate and qualify new equipment and methods.
- Implement the most effective analytical technology and methodology.
- Maintain detailed and organized documentation on all laboratory work.
- Ability to perform work in a lab or office setting and wear personal protective equipment while handling samples (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, and gloves; all PPE provided by SafeSource Direct)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 1–5-year relevant chemistry laboratory experience in manufacturing or related industry.
- Experience with the operation of laboratory instruments.
- Understands the relations between the laboratory services provided and the operations of the plant.
- Noise Conditions- exposed to constant or intermittent sounds at a level sufficient to cause hearing loss or fatigue
- Heat/Cold – exposure to high or low temperatures
- Atmospheric Exposure – exposed to dust, fumes, vapors or mists
- Inside – 75% or more
- Sitting - for extended period of time without being able to leave the work area
- Standing - for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area
- Climbing - ladders, scaffolding, work in overhead areas, etc.
- Walking - considerable distances, please indicate
- Lifting – Up to 20 pounds, minimal & occasional
- Pulling and/or pushing – on a frequent basis
- Carrying - regularly carries objects in his/her arms or on the shoulder(s)
- Grasping - regularly picks up objects with fingers
- Reaching - regularly required to use hands and arms to reach objects
- Stooping/Crouching – regularly required to bend forward by bending at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Speaking - requires expressing ideas by the spoken word
- Listening - requires the perception of speech or the nature of sounds in the air
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Hard Hat
- Steel Toed Shoes
- Protective Clothing
- Ear Protection
- Safety glasses
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.safesourcedirect.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Broussard, LA
Date Posted: November 27, 2023
Application Deadline: December 27, 2023