@ Lafayette Economic Development Authority - LEDA
The Lafayette Economic Development Authority is seeking applications for a full-time Research Analyst position. This role will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and will be tasked with assisting and performing analytical research related to strategic initiatives, business development and special projects in support of LEDA’s overall mission and goals.
- Researches and prepares statistical data packages and economic reports using reliable sources to support business development and economic growth in Lafayette Parish. Helps to develop extensive databases of special economic or economic development related topics including state and local tax information. Uses research and data analytics for project impact analyses, client inquiries and to make well-supported recommendations for use by staff, businesses, business development clients, and the general public.
- Prepares, designs, and produces a variety of data sets including maps and other graphic representations, displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data. Conducts spatial analysis of demographic and business data in support of business development efforts.
- Follows and updates procedures to ensure consistency in data collection and monitoring. Manages special projects as directed by the President and CEO.
- Searches and identifies various reliable sources for economic development information. Tracks and records current economic indicators using industry best practices on an annual, monthly and weekly basis. Monitors the organization’s website to ensure all information relating to economic data and information is accurate and up-to-date and makes recommendations for changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- Master’s in Business Administration or Economics
- Entry-level with degree acceptable
- Data analysis, critical thinking, strong written and verbal communications skills, professional, team player, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, proficiency using Microsoft Office (specifically, Excel, Access, Publisher, and Word), strong organizational skills
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@lafayette.org by January 16, 2022.
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: January 06, 2022
Application Deadline: January 23, 2022