Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- The Release Train Engineer will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment.
- As the Release Train Engineer, you will be a critical member of the care delivery team empowered to help build high-performing teams, build a shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile transformation.
- Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high-performing delivery teams.
- Serve as an Agile Expert who is responsible and drives the team to deliver releases.
- Engage stakeholders, contributors, and technical resources to get stuff done.
- Contribute and drive the team to Agile Maturity goals and DEV OPS goals.
- Manage multiple/concurrent workstreams end-to-end. Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally, JIRA, and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high-value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve the desired functionality.
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders.
- Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Daily Stand-up, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup, cumulative flow, velocity, etc.)
- Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 6-8 years of software development experience (either as PM, BA, tester or developer)
- 6+ years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams/serving as a Scrum Master in a Large Scale enterprise environment.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP) desired
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 13, 2022
Application Deadline: June 13, 2022
Job Type: Full-time