- The Release Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of release management.
- The Release Manager shall be responsible for planning and coordinating release efforts in conjunction with other program leads including Operations Manager, Development Lead, Testing Lead as well as team members including developers, testers, database administrators, configuration managers, and system administrators.
- The Release (RM) will work closely with the governments Enterprise Infrastructure Team and the programs application development team to release software to the staging and production environments
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Plan system release activities following approved standard procedures, policies, and change management procedures.
- Manage the scheduling and communication of deployment activities, including emergency change implementations.
- Initiate and verify security A&A is conducted and approved as needed prior to production releases.
- Coordinate releases between development and operations staff.
- Coordinate the migration of all releases across Test, Staging, Production, and COOP environments ensuring the completion of all necessary testing, documentation, and readiness stage gates prior to migrations.
- Collaborate with key development and quality assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process.
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure teams.
- Provide management status reports on release progress.
- Coordinate release package acceptance, including business and stage gate sign offs.
- Coordinate the receipt of release deliverables, including source code, implementation plans, and related system documentation, and
- Work closely with the Solution Architect, Development, and Testing leads to implement DevSecOps for release deployments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications.
- Bachelor's’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other engineering or technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Release Management performing responsibilities similar to those described for this role.
- 3+ years of experience as an Analyst or Developer on projects utilizing Agile Scrum methodology for system development with scale and scope similar to the BPA.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Experience with Oracle technologies, including ADF, Forms and Reports, and APEX
- Experience with Atlassian tools: Confluence and Jira
- Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5
- Information technology
- Project Management
- Data Warehousing
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: November 22, 2022
Application Deadline: December 22, 2022
Job Type: Full-time