Real Estate/ Transactional Closing Secretary
@ Company Name Withheld
Position Summary: Local title company in operations in Lafayette and Lake Charles, Louisiana, has an opportunity for a Closer with 1+ years’ experience. The position is full time and permanent opportunity with the company. The ideal candidate must have knowledge and experience in handling administrate and closing functions, including preparing lender packages, disbursing closing funds and recording closing documents. Applicant must be organized, detailed-oriented, a team player, and a polished professional with good communication skills. Key Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents for completeness, accuracy and proper signatures.
- Reviewing closing funds received and coordinating proper disbursement.
- Organizing, copying, scanning and e-mailing large loan packages.
- Preparing and timely shipping loan packages for return to lender.
- Reviewing and verifying documents prior to recording, including notary acknowledgements, legal descriptions, and lien information.
- Recording closing documents in various County Clerk’s offices.
- Preparing and transmitting Loan and Owners' Policies.
- Preparing endorsements to Policy, when applicable.
- Scanning/ Uploading files to software as needed, including lender packages, closing documents and final file scan.
- Answering telephone calls from lenders, buyers, attorneys, realtors, insurance companies and others with post-closing questions.
- Performing any and all clerical and administrative duties required for the proper execution of respective job duties.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performance by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Required Experience: Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years’ experience in title insurance and closings.
- Experience with Outlook, Title Software, preferred but not required. Abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines, time management and attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage and prioritize a large volume.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient / Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work well individually with minimal supervision, as well as with others in a team setting.
How to Apply:
Inquiries and Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: March 16, 2021
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021