Quality Assurance Inspector
@ Westfield Fluid Controls
- To check the quality of all incoming and outgoing material and products as well as production procedures.
- The quality assurance inspector will be an advocate of quality in our business and ensure compliance to all quality specification.
- In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
- Approve or reject raw materials with respect to quality standards
- Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials in accordance with published inspection specifications
- Inspects in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to production supervisor
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
- Preparing First Article Inspection reports including AS9102
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, and calling for repairs
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations
- Other duties may be assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 4 Years Quality Inspection experience in an Aerospace environment
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP requirements
- Blueprint reading
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills in Excel and Word
- Analytic skills
- Documentation skills
- Reporting skills
- Detail oriented and methodical
- Ability to operate standard mechanical measuring equipment such as a scale, micrometer, calipers, Optical Comparator and CMM
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance knowledge
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://opportunities.ledfaststart.com/global/en/westfield-fluid-controls
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 11, 2022
Application Deadline: October 12, 2022
Job Type: Full-time