@ Global Data Systems
- As the procurement specialist representative, assist the business unit with its daily Procurement needs, including RFP/RFQ, creating purchase orders and expediting activities, and ensure that company’s Procurement Policies and Procedures are enforced.
- Prepare bid evaluations considering price, terms, delivery to determine successful bidders; make recommendations to purchasing manager for final disposition.
- Creates, issues, and administers purchase orders.
- Run reports on an as-needed basis for various business purposes
- Provide input to project timeline schedules
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods arrive on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods. Communicates with suppliers to achieve required service and meet project needs
- Maintaining the invoice discrepancy process/resolution to ensure these are accurate to the purchase orders
- Supports E-Sourcing activities with approved vendors
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by purchasing manager
- Operate under pressure for tight turnaround and deadlines
- Regularly communicate to other departments any lead time, stock material, or pricing changes
- Update pricing sheets in our database as needed
- Research and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies and damage claims and handling of RMA’s.
- Ability to manage ahead and proactively ensure visibility/timeliness of shipment
- Flow of our delivery appointment calendar for ease of receiving at the operations level
- Reports to the Purchasing Manager for operational guidance
Strong critical thinking skills
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Attention to details
1-2 years of purchasing experience (Preferred)
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://global-data-systems.breezy.hr/p/f12d09e504e0-purchasing-clerk
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: July 12, 2021
Application Deadline: August 12, 2021